State Street Technology ETF (XLK) | XLK

Medium RiskEquity
State Street Technology ETF (XLK)
Issued by:State Street
Index : AMEX
Unit Price (NAV) :
Minimum investment: 1 unit
State Street Technology ETF (XLK) | XLK

State Street Technology ETF (XLK) | XLK


The State Street Technology ETF (XLK) is one of the largest tech ETFs and invests in large and mid-cap technology stocks across the U.S and is managed by State Street Global Advisors that has a total AUM of $2.73T.

XLK is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA in Dec 1998. It seeks to provide exposure to companies from technology hardware, storage, and peripherals; software; diversified telecommunication services; communications equipment; semiconductors and semiconductor equipment; internet software and services; IT services; electronic equipment, instruments and components; and wireless telecommunication services.

About the Fund Manager:
State Street was incorporated in 1792, has four decades of experience meeting complex client needs and is the third largest asset manager in the world managing $2.73T. It is the 2nd United States bank on the list of oldest banks in continuous operation. State Street is ranked 14th on the list of largest banks in the United States by assets.

Investment Strategy:
The State Street Technology ETF (XLK) tracks the S&P Technology Index that invests in large cap technological stocks across the US.

XLK has invested 91% of its assets in Technology and the rest of the 9% in Telecommunications.

XLK has invested 100% of its assets in the U.S.

Recommended for:

XLK includes the big names associated with technology sector but also a few such as financial payment processors or telecom firms. Its limited selection universe excludes small and midcaps. Avoiding smaller, less-stable firms results in lower volatility and higher liquidity.

According to, "XLK grants investors the opportunity to gain exposure to numerous powerhouse tech firms all under a single ticker."

Additional Information:
1. Fund Factsheet
2. 3 ETFs For Trading Technology (XLK, ROM)
3. Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund Boom Isn't Over Yet

How did we identify this ETF:
A complete pool of 2100+ ETFs is screened on various qualitative and quantitative parameters to evaluate efficiency, tradability and fit. The metrics used were alpha, beta and R- squared with respect to the segment benchmark and ETF specific metrics such as expense ratio, drawdown, volatility and the overall rating. We evaluate all ETFs and assign a composite score based on our analysis and then select the top ones in a category based on that comprehensive score by the inhouse research/quant analysts team. XLK is among the cheapest and largest funds in its segment and the most liquid and hence for active traders and investors, it is the go-to-choose in the segment. The strategy is rebalanced on a quarterly basis with the rebalancing mechanism being determined by an algorithm that takes into account the overall performance of the strategy so far.


State Street Technology ETF (XLK)2.54%46.24%25.57%27.61%19.43%

Asset Class

Asset type breakdown
Stock US99.16%
Stock non-US0.77%

XLK Holdings - Top 10

NameiWeightage (%)
Apple Inc21.91%
Microsoft Corporation20.36%
Visa Inc4.22%
NVIDIA Corporation3.76%
Mastercard Incorporated3.51%
PayPal Holdings, Inc3.13%
Adobe Inc2.52%
Cisco Systems, Inc2.46%
Intel Corporation2.44%, inc2.16%

XLK Sectors/Industry Breakdown

Sectori% of market value
Financial Services10.97%

XLK Countries

Countryi% of market value
North America99.23%
Asia Emerging0.57%
Asia Developed0.20%

Projected Returns

Investment ofper month
gives returns of :
at 17.82% / annum
$in 10 years
for a time period of
Returnsbased on historic SIP returns of 17.82% per annum
$+ 17.82

XLK Summary Data

Total Net Assets $i
Average Mkt Cap Mil $i
Symbol XLK
Exchange ARCX
ISIN US81369Y8030
Cat. Benchmark MSCI ACWI NR USD
Asset class Equity
Category Technology
Country US

XLK Portfolio Data & Volatility Analysis

Net Expense Ratio 0.12i
Beta 1.04i
Valuations Rates Portfolio PE 26.47722i
3 Year Standard Deviation 20.91i

Fund Strategy

The Fund tracks the performance of The Technology Select Sector Index. The ETF holds large and mid-cap technology stocks. Its largest investment allocation is in the United States. It generally invests substantially all, but at least 95%, of its total assets in the securities comprising the index.

XLK Fact Sheets & Reports

About State Street

State Street Corporation is an American financial services corporation founded in 1792. State Street has been providing ETFs since 1993. Today State Street provides ETFs across major markets covering different asset classes. State Street prides itself in creating client oriented products.

State Street Technology ETF (XLK) | XLK