- About Kristal.AI
- Account Opening
- Taxation (India)
- Investment Advisory
- Using the App
- Security and Privacy
What is the monetary and fund flow or process like?
How do I fund my account?
What is the minimum amount that I can start with?
There is NO prescribed minimum investment amount. We would recommend Retail Investors to begin their wealth management journey with USD 5,000/-.
I have transferred funds for investment. When will it reflect in my account with Kristal.AI?
Your funds, post remittance to our Trustee Bank Account (with DBS, Singapore) shall be reflected in your investment account with within the next 24-48 hours.
Once the amount is credited into your account we shall intimate you via in app notifications. However, you can also track the progress of your transfer via your Kristal. AI application.
If you still have any unresolved concerns please write to us at email@example.com and do mention your Cash Transfer Request ID when you do; we shall be happy to help.
I forgot to include the Fund Request ID in the comments section; Will the bank transfer still go through or are there any other steps I needs to take?
Including the Funds Transfer ID (you would/should create within Kristal.AI) allows us to track your inward efficiently. We also match inwards basis account name, but that could take some time. The missing Funds Transfer ID should not result in a failed transfer but may result in a delay in the funds being applied to your Account.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your Funds Transfer ID and Bank Transfer details. This will help us in tracking your transfer.
I have transferred USD 1000 from my Bank Account. Why is my Available Cash less than USD 1000 in my account with Kristal.AI?
In any international funds transfer there are a few financial services providers and banks involved. The flow of funds can be simplified as follows:
Sender Bank > Sender Bank Intermediary/Correspondent > Receiver Bank Intermediary / Correspondent > Receiving Bank
Money Sent (USD 1,000) – Money Recd (~USD 970) = Total Fee (~USD 30)
DBS, Singapore (Development Bank of Singapore, Singapore branch) is the Trustee Bank used by Kristal to facilitate Customer deposits and withdrawals i.e. Receiving Bank. We have agreed on a fee of maximum SGD 10 (~USD 8) for all inwards and they do not charge anything more than that.
The balance (~USD 22) is retained by Sender Bank and/or Sender Bank Intermediary.
We recommended you instruct your bank to apply all charges to your own account, as this would provide visibility of the Sender Bank and Sender Bank Intermediary charges. Failure to do so, may result in you seeing only a portion of the ~USD 22 in your account statement and leave you wondering, “Where did the rest go?”
Which currencies can I send to fund my account with Kristal.AI?
You can add funds to your Accounts with Kristal.AI in multiple currencies as follows:
- Singapore residents (SGD, USD, HKD, AUD, EUR, GBP)
- Hong Kong residents (HKD, USD, SGD, AUD, EUR, GBP)
- India residents (USD)
- Others (USD, AUD, EUR, GBP, SGD, HKD)
Please remember to provide your Kristal ID, Kristal account number or Funds Request ID in the notes to ensure quick processing.
How can I withdraw funds from my account with Kristal.AI?
You can make a withdrawal from your account with Kristal AI by following the instructions below:
- Click on ‘Fund Transfers’ button on the dashboard in the ‘Portfolio’ section.
- Select the ‘Withdraw Funds’ action and the account from which you choose to withdraw.
- Click on the ‘WITHDRAW’ button visible on your dashboard
- Enter the bank account details to which you wish to credit the funds.
- Upload the necessary documents to facilitate us in validating the account. Please note that once a bank account is chosen all future withdrawals will be credited to the same account.
- Click on ‘Add bank account’ to successfully add the bank account.
- You will be displayed with the screen where you can enter the ‘reason’ for withdrawal along with the ‘amount’ you wish to withdraw in USD.
- Click on ‘WITHDRAW’
- The amount though entered in USD, will be credited to your account in the respective local currency. Standard conversion charges may be applicable.
- If you wish to withdraw funds in USD, please write to us at email@example.com . Bank charges may be as applicable.
- It will take 1-2 business days to process your request, post which you shall be intimidated with the confirmation with an email.
How much time does it take for funds to reach my Bank after a withdrawal request is made?
Once you have sent your withdrawal request, you will receive the funds in your bank account in upto 4 days depending upon the Withdrawal Currency chosen and your bank processing time.
We shall process the request on the same day or the next day (if the request is received after usual bank working hours).
Can I transfer my assets in Kristal.AI to another broker/custodian?
Customers having a Managed Investment Account, can transfer the assets held in such account to a different another Broker/Custody account, subject to the process defined by the Managed Investment Account provider.
Customers with other types of Accounts with Kristal.AI are currently unable to transfer assets and will have to sell the asset and then transfer funds.